Palme-Dewar short film competition
- Registration for the 2018 competition is closed
- Supported by Heartland Film Society and Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery, the Palme-Dewar short film competition is an annual, open competition for short films made on a Scottish theme or by film-makers based in Scotland.
- The Palme-Dewar is an integral part of the Aberfeldy Film Festival, which will take place over the weekend of 16th-18th November 2018.
- Films short-listed for the 2018 Palme-Dewar prize will be shown during the festival at the finals event on Saturday 17th November at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery.
- Immediately after the screenings the audience and the competition jury cast their votes before the prize winners are announced and prizes awarded.
- The 2017 Palme-Dewar competition attracted a wide range of entries from which 5 were short-listed and screened at the finals.
- Young film makers (aged 6-17) can enter the Young Indies short film competition, which ran for the first time in 2016. The 2017 competition attracted a total of 24 film entries from which 6 finalists were chosen from each of Junior and Senior categories.
The competition is supported by: