2017 Palme-Dewar short film competition
Calling Scotland's film-makers: The 2017 competition is now open.
- Supported by Heartland Film Society and Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery, the Palme-Dewar short film competition is a an annual, open competition for short films made on a Scottish theme or by film-makers based in Scotland.
- The Palme-Dewar is an integral part of the Aberfeldy Film Festival, which will take place this year over the weekend of 17th-19th November 2017.
- Films short-listed for the 2017 Palme-Dewar prize will be shown during the festival at the finals event on Saturday 18th November at Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery.
- Immediately after the screenings the audience and the competition jury cast their votes before the prize winners are announced and prizes awarded.
- The 2016 Palme-Dewar competition attracted an excellent number and range of entries from which 7 were short-listed and screened at the finals.
- Young film makers (aged 6-17) proved to be very interested in the Young Indies short film competition, which ran for the first time in 2016, and attracted a total of 18 film entries from which 6 finalists were chosen.
The competition is supported by: